Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Day of Rest

Day 6-- It's almost been one week since I've been here and if the rest of my time flies by like this week has, my trip is going to go by very quickly! Wow! I woke up this morning feeling 100% better. Appetite returned and my body feels much better. Thank you to those of you who were praying.

This morning, I was able to attend the worship gathering at Action Chapel International. It was fun to get to experience worship with the African body of believers here. Man, they love to dance! And they love to sing! Most of the songs, I wasn't familiar with, or they weren't being sung in English, but I was still able to worship along with them. They had several different people step forward to lead from the worship team and there was this tiny lady, couldn't be more than 25, that had a POWERHOUSE voice! You knew that every word that was coming out of her mouth was TRUTH. Wow! She was amazing!

After the service, the afternoon at the Omorefe's was very relaxing. Sunday's are for napping, resting, and getting things done. Stacy and I both sat down at the kitchen table and worked on school projects. I did testing for Miracle (it took me about 2 hours). Wow! That was a long test (thanks for Brigance and CORE tests Yona), but it gave me a great picture of where he is at and what he needs to focus on this next year. I'm thinking there will probably be a few kids (3 or 4) that are placed in the first grade curriculum, one or two in 2nd, and I'm not sure about the rest. Their last grades were third and fourth, but I'm not sure with some of them if those are proper placements. We'll see when the scores come out.

Tonight, John, Stacy and I went to the YYAM base to attend their night service, but stopped at the Freedom Center on the way there. Little Bene (he's 8), promptly got me a chair to sit down and hold Edwin (I couldn't help myself!) and Joseph and Teresa (the house parents) asked me how I felt and if I was feeling better. I feel like I am becoming more and more a part of this place. I think each week will get easier!

The YYAM service was awesome! It felt like a night service at Southlands. I loved the worship! And the message was out of Isaiah 43 (one of my favorites). It was good!!! I left encouraged and felt like God has spoken to me again and again this week that I am here for a purpose and a reason. He called, and so I came, and I feel like He is just going to bring me through some amazing things this year because of that obedience.

We'll see what this next week brings. . .

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see how the Lord is already using you in such an awesome way! Good luck getting all the kids tested and placed, but you know those tests like the back of your hand :) Glad you are feeling better and that your Sunday was full of amazing rest and worship to Our Lord and Savior!! Love ya Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Autumn that so inspiring to here ..what god doing in your life and the life's of the young ones your truly inparation to me .. love you and see you soon

    ReplyDelete