Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Waiting and Working

John has been traveling the past few days, up to Chinduri in the Volta region to work on setting up their water business. It has been a crazy process getting up there and coming back. He was supposed to be back here today, but is still driving back. The boys were waiting and waiting for him! Hopefully, he'll arrive at some point tonight. We've been praying that the trip will be smooth the rest of the way!

As Sunday is a day of rest, today, I took a little nap and then worked on my "to-do list" that I've been writing for myself so I don't get side tracked. I emailed a bunch of school districts and publishers to ask about curriculum. We'll see what I hear.

Today for lunch, we got to eat spaghetti! Yum! Stacy found some Prego at a local store here and we definitely enjoyed the treat! For dinner, we ate eba--a Nigerian meal that you eat with your hands (my right hand. . .if you'd read my previous post, you'd understand). It was good, but it took a while for me to get used to eating it. It's like this dough ball that you pull off pieces and then dip it into soup and when you put it in your mouth, you just swallow, without chewing. The texture is very different, so it took a awhile for me to get used to it, so I ate slower than everyone else and it filled me up! I've enjoyed trying the new foods and I've enjoyed all of the tastes and flavors so far.

Tonight, I got to chat with Jenni and Kirsten on skype. So fun! And then, watched "The Proposal" with the girls. A nice relaxing way to end the evening.

A question for you. . .are you more a flavor person or a texture person when it comes to new foods you're trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment