Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Weekend of Fun

This weekend was a blast!

Saturday, we celebrated the birthdays from July, August, and September. We rented a bus and everyone piled in. We drove to the beach and the kids had such a blast (and I did too!). We spent some time getting soaking wet in the ocean, some kids buried each other in the sand, and there was a great game of soccer against some other beachgoers (our team won!). It was so much fun! We headed home shortly after lunch, where we rested and took showers. Then, it was back to the Freedom Center for some delicous dinner (jalof rice and chicken), an enormous birthday cake, and a dance contest. Caleb won the contest, but would you believe it, Nina came in SECOND! It was so fun!

Sunday was children's Sunday. Rosemary had been looking forward to it for such a long time. That girl can memorize like none other! She won all kinds of awards this week for all of her memorization skills! In any case, we got to see Portia and Caleb singing with their class. Paul , Aaron, and Grace all quoted scriptures with their class. Rosemary quoted a poem. They all did such a great job!

Then, last night, I got to chat with my prayer team back home via skype. It was awesome to get to see everyone's faces. I miss everyone so much, even though I am feeling more and more at home. It's a weird feeling. . .to feel so at home here, but still feel as though part of me is there too. Anyway, I got to chat with Kirsten, Jenni, Bristol, Gina, Charlene, Katie, and Lauren. It was so nice to catch up a little with everybody! And then, I got to chat with my Mom and Dad via skype too. It was such a nice way for me to end the weekend. I am such a quality time person that all that face to face time just felt like such a breath of fresh air to me!

It's Monday now. . .Nina's time here has passed so fast. I think we'll be working this week on getting some other stuff set up for the school. We'll see what this week holds.

I'll try to post tonight about one of the kids. . .my regular Monday post!

No comments:

Post a Comment