Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Preparation

Today was preparation day. Sometimes, prep isn't so fun. It felt very tedious to me today, but I know that if I spend a few days working on the tedious stuff (like downloading worksheets and standards, and working on our teacher training), it will pay off in the end.

Besides prep for the school, I've been trying to get some prep done for when Nina comes. It's a little hard to coordinate things that need to still happen back in Cali while I'm here, but I think it worked out ok (thank you Debbie, Charlene, and Blabe). Hopefully, Nina won't be completely overwhelmed by the packing process. It's a little difficult to fit everything in two bags under 50 lbs (kinda rediculous if you ask me). But any way you go, I'm excited that Nina is coming to spend some time here and meet the kids. I'm especially excited just to spend some time with her, get to hear about her engagement story, catch up on news from home, and just be with someone who knows me. I'm loving it here, but it's always nice to have a familiar face!

Off to bed. Gotta get some rest for whatever we have planned tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment