Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday--A little of what God's been doing!

My second Thursday in Ghana. . .wow! In my post from a few days ago, I had mentioned that Thursdays, I would tell you about what God has been doing in me lately. This week, I have had little moments throughout my days where I have just felt a little homesick. Though I have loved being so connected through the internet, it has, at times, felt a little bittersweet as I miss home and people so much. But, God has been teaching me that He is the same, no matter where I am--He was with me in Colorado and in California and He is the same God that is here in Ghana with me now. Even this morning, I feel like He told me that my home is not in any place, but it is where He is. He is here, in Ghana, for me now, so I am here. I am following the heart of my Father and that is the best place to be.

I've also been dwelling in the words of Graham Cooke each night the past few days before I go to sleep. Such rich truth from his teaching here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEisSxR2cps

A brief update from today: I finally got to teach a little music today. I brought out my ipod and did some Bible time songs-- Mercy is Falling, Romans 16:19, and Every Move I Make. Even the staff got moving with the songs. It was so fun! Then, I passed out some instruments (thank you Carol Phelan) and they went NUTS! I'll have to have more rules for the instruments next time (a few tears were shed), but they had a BLAST! After awhile, we put the instruments away and went inside and began learning "We Are the World". The kids loved it, especially the older ones. We trying to learn it so that when guests come, they can sing for them. After awhile, we went back outside and sang some more songs and I taught them motions (songs like head, shoulders, knees and toes; peanut butter and jelly; and 5 little ducks). We had a fun day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment