Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, July 31, 2010

When the stomach is a-hurting, there's no one a-working!

Day 5-- Today, I woke up in the middle of the night and my stomach hurt so bad. I kept praying that it would just go away, but I tossed and turned until 7 am where I proceeded to spend the next hour either facing the toilet or on the toilet. Yeah, no good! Needless to say, I was out for the count most of the day.

Stacy and John sent me back to bed with some fresh bread (the bread here is so yummy) and orders to rest! So, I went back to sleep until, well, lunch time. I couldn't eat much, at lunch or at dinner today, but I'm feeling almost all better tonight as I write this. My stomach still isn't 100%, but it feels much better. I'm guessing it must have just been some sort of stomach flu or something.

Despite the illness, it was great to get to talk to my parents and Brianna, Yona, Jenni (and Kirsten and Yuliana), and the Koldings today on skype while I was out for the count. It was really nice to just chat about normal life and catch up on the daily happenings of my friends and family.

Tonight, after dinner (my first dinner with fufu--it's yummy!), we went to the YYAM base to let the kids visit with John's brother who is attending there this year. Rosemary, John and Stacy's oldest adopted girl, chatted with me the whole time telling me funny stories and jokes. My favorite one was one that her teacher told the class this year about his pastor at his church. She said that the pastor was wearing rather loose pants one day in church when he was preaching his message. Little did he know, but a small snake (not a poisonous one or anything), had slithered up his pant leg. He started shaking his leg and saying that he was feeling the Holy Spirit and kept on preaching louder and louder. Eventually, when the snake reached up near the top of his pants, he realized that it wasn't just the Holy Spirit that was moving on his leg. He unbottoned his pants and pulled the snake out and the congregation fell into fits of laughter. I was laughing so hard! The way she told it was so funny!

Pray that my stomach will heal as I sleep tonight. It would be awesome to just feel 100% back to normal by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome that his first reaction was that he was feeling the Spirit...and so crazy!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete