Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Catching Up

Today was just a day to catch up on rest and enjoy time together as a family. This morning, we went to Danny's church here in Tema (he was one of the on-staff volunteers that works with City of Refuge and went with us on our trip). We got to meet his wife and son (the baby is probably only 2 months old and so cute!). The bishop of the denomination was there to speak and he is also one of John and Stacy's good friends, so it was good for them to spend some time with him today. They needed the encouragement of a good friend as one of John's nieces died this weekend with complications due to childbirth. The baby and his niece, Rachel, both passed away. Pray for them and pray for Rosemary, Paul, and Miracle as they mourn the passing of their auntie.

This afternoon, I got to take a nap, chat a bit with my parents on skype, and play with the kiddos a little. After dinner (we had fufu--which I very much enjoy), John, Stacy, Heather, Kathy, and I drove down to the beach. I have now seen both sides of the Atlantic ocean! How cool is that? We got to walk along the water and I had some fancoco (chocolate ice cream of sorts). Yummy!

When we got home, we played some wii with the kids and they loved it! It was a really fun time with the family!

Tomorrow, I am off to the immigration office to meet with a lady about my papers and getting my work visa. PLEASE PRAY FOR FAVOR! I need to get this visa so I'm not paying for a renewal every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment