Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Light's Out Reflections

Today, our power went out for a couple of hours. The family went outside for awhile on the porch and we all worked on different projects (me, making tests for the coming week for the students). After awhile, it was too dark to work on the computer, so I put it away and brought out my guitar and sat by the candle on the dining room table to sing a few songs. It was dinner time, so I only got to sing one song, but it brought about some reflection for me.

This weekend was the PCC Young Adults fall retreat back home. I've been trying to keep up with their weekend of fun and, even though I'm experiencing my own adventures, I do feel like I'm missing out in some ways. The pictures showed almost an entirely new group of young adults at PCC. And yet, the faces I do know, brought such a sense of home to me. When I was singing tonight, it brought back memories of the dozens of times I've led worship with my community back home over the past few years. What an incredible blessing to be a part of that community, for their willingness to walk along beside each other, and love each other as brothers and sisters and Christ. Thinking of YOU my PCC community--missing you and sending my love.

It was also fun tonight for John and Stacy to talk about the early years of their marraige where John would set up a candlelight dinner for Stacy at least once a week. Having children has changed that a bit for them, but I love how they love each other. I think of Kat and Isaiah, T and Evan, Yona and Eric, Tony and Wendy, my parents, Debbie and Wyatt, and so many more--the couples that I really look to and see God working and moving and changing their lives so that they can serve each other better.

Yeah, sometimes the power going out is just what you need to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment