Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Learning more about Love

I think something that I'm learning here is just more and more about love. God LOVES his people.
Today, Stacy and I were talking about this problem of evil in the world and how God allows certain things to happen, but God is good. Oftentimes, we blame Him for things that the Enemy is busy doing. But, God is good and God is love. Everything that doesn't look like that, is the work of the Enemy.
I've seen God's love in some powerful ways. . .
*the friendship of an amazing family
*the never-ending love of the kids
*the upheld arms of Edwin, Portia, and Justice
*the warm arms of new friends like James and Gifty, Letitia, and Sister Linda
*the broken heart for the kids I saw on Lake Volta
*the love I see poured down over the angry, the confused, and hurting kids I work with
*the ways that I see God connecting his community here and in the States
*through Sydney and the way she desired to feed the hungry-the hands and feet of Jesus
*the laughter of the ladies at the Freedom Center
*the music at Action Chapel each Sunday
*the gentle way Miracle holds my hand when we go on a walk
*the giving nature of the Omorefes
*the amazing way that my friends and family have loved on me from miles away

God is good and He is love. I'm so glad that I get to be witness to his love here in Ghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment