Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mary

I didn't get to share about one of the kids yesterday (I was busy playing 2 games of Scrabble and a game of Beans before I went to bed), so I wanted to take a few minutes to introduce you to one of the other kids at the Freedom Center.
MARY!!!!! Here is a picture of Mary and Nina on Nina's last day at the Freedom Center.
Mary is nine years old and she is a big ball of energy. Everything excites her! She's excited about playing games with the other kids, she's excited about school, she's excited about shaking your hand. . .she just loves everything!

Mary reminds me of some of my students from the past few years. She is one of those kids that works really hard at pleasing someone. She just loves to be loved on.


She likes to play this game that they play here where they kick their feet and jump and count points (I haven't figured this one out yet). Apparently, she's pretty good! She usually wins!


The boys like to pick on Mary. I think this happens for two reasons 1) She's loud and she will definitely make some noise if they do anything--which can be fun for them and 2) She fights back. She is a fireball when those boys come after her, especially Robert. Robert is the oldest and loves picking on Mary--but she doesn't take it. She gives it right back!


Mary loves to laugh and smile. You can usually pick her laugh out of a crowd. She's a very happy-go-lucky girl.


Mary, Mary, Mary! I'm looking forward to teaching her in my class this year (even though the boys have made it very clear that they aren't too excited to have Mary in their room)!

No comments:

Post a Comment