Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ghanian Challenge Wednesday

Today's Ghanian Challenge was brought about by our dinner meal tonight. Caleb, who sits next to me at the table, was wanting more chicken (this is a common problem--he eats all his chicken and doesn't eat his rice). So, I let him know I'd give him some chicken when he finishes all of his rice. Well, he finally finished and I handed over the piece of chicken I'd been saving. Instead of being excited for the nice hunk of meat I set aside, he put it back on my plate and said, "No, I want the bone." Then, he took all the chicken bones from my plate to chew on.

Your challenge. Eat some chicken and chew on the bone too. They'll chew the ends off and suck out the morrow and sometimes eat the whole piece of bone if it's a smaller chunk. We even entertain Justice (the one year old) with rice and a chicken bone for dinner. He'll chew on it (and even hide some under the table for chewing on later). Yum Yum! Enjoy your dinner!

Here's Caleb--can you picture this cute little face devouring a chicken bone?

No comments:

Post a Comment