Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ghanian Culture Challenge

So, here's your Wednesday challenge. . .

When you greet someone, shake their hand and then snap your middle finger and their middle finger together before leaving the handshake.

This is definitely a skill I have to practice. One of the kids at the center, Benard, has made it his mission to help me figure out the snap part. We shake hands several times and try the snap until we get a good one! It takes a little getting used to, but once you get it, you'll greet like a pro!

In other news. . .
**My skype connection with Katty wasn't too great. We only got to chat for a few minutes before it just wouldn't connect anymore. Bummer! But it was good to see her face for a little bit.
**After skyping with Katty, Evan came online, so I got to chat with him a bit and then got to talk to T and see Brylie girl. SOOOO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment