Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Term 2

Today was the last day of Term 2. It was a crazy day...well, a crazy week to say the least! Yesterday, I think that I had about a 14 hour day. Wow! I had so much to do yesterday with getting student bills together, signing off on report cards, making sure our kids were prepared for the program. It was a crazy, busy day yesterday and then today, another busy day of finishing up the school term.

I was just thinking of the highs and lows of Term 2...here's my list!

High's:
1)Andrea Elizondo coming and being a part of our school and PE and Health program and being a part of our lives here at CORM.
2) My trip to Australia and all that came with my time there!
3) Seeing some of our kiddos skyrocket in their understanding (like Mary Aboanor...so amazing!)
4) Meeting with the parents of our kids and hearing their stories and being able to offer them employment or sponsorship
5) The support of our parents with our PTO
6) CORM kids being top of their class academically!

Low's:
1) Having to discipline a couple of teachers and talk with Mr. Francis about some difficult issues
2) A meeting with Ghana Education Service that was incredibly frustrating
3) Some loooooong days!
4) CORM kids getting into trouble when they should be an example

Yeah, that's pretty much my school term in a bundle. There were some amazing things that happened at CORM during these past couple of months, but my highs and lows with Faith Roots...you've got them!

No comments:

Post a Comment