Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Allowing some room for the Holy Spirit

So, it's been a couple of incredibly discouraging weeks here and sometimes I've wondered whether or not I'm doing anything lasting here...

I had some good truth spoken to me in the past couple of days via Graham Cooke (well his was spoken via a podcast sermon from Churchlands...) and via Kristin Miller (someone I love very much for her willingness to endlessly encourage and support my work here!).

And then, this morning, I was spending some time in the word and read Luke 12:1-12. Kind of a weird passage to speak to me this morning, but I got to verses 11 and 12 which read:

11 “When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.”

And for some reason, this just spoke really loudly to me. So often, I trust in my own abilities to make things happen, but I shouldn't have to worry or defend myself and the vision that has been gifted to us at City of Refuge...instead, I should trust that the Holy Spirit will give me what to say...after all this whole thing is God's anyway! So today, for the first time in a couple of weeks, I'm at peace. I just need to continue to remember it is HIM in me that makes me strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment