Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Motivation

I'm on my break from school and I have been looking forward to a little break for a long time.  Learning to have the motivation to get OTHER things done while on this break is the problem that I'm having.  My goals for this break were to get back into my exercise routine (my last week of school, I was so busy that I couldn't even work out once...boo), work on the curriculum and plans for the August Day Camp, and put together a few things in preparation for my next academic year.

Yesterday, for instance, I worked all morning answering emails and getting a few things out that I've needed to do for the past few weeks.  Then, I came back to the house and by 2:00, this massive wave of tiredness came over me and all of the sudden I'm in my room taking a nap for the next couple of hours.  I missed my time frame to work out (our "cool" hours here where there is still light is about 4-6) because I just wanted to read.

I keep telling myself that it's okay and that I need to have some grace for myself.  Maybe my body really did need a nap, but overall, I'm just lacking motivation to do anything worthwhile.

So, I'm hoping that today is the day...that motivation will just be easy to come by.  That I'll get some work done that I've been needing to get done and then, I'll feel productive at the end of my day instead of lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment