Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, August 1, 2014

A few more favorites

As I have been thinking and remembering and getting refreshed this week, I thought I would include a few more of my loves that have been on my heart and mind a lot this week.  I hope you don't mind me celebrating a few more of those that I get to do life with!
 
Marilyn, this lady is one of my biggest supporters.  I mean, I have been absolutely encouraged by her friendship throughout the years that I have known her.  She is quick to listen, loves to spend quality time with me (my love language), and has given me such wise advice through the years.  This picture is of her and I in Morocco...I mean, how cool is that?  She is all things awesome and I'm so blessed by her friendship.


My girl Christy...I just love her oodles and oodles.  She is lovely and fun and I have loved our friendship!  I lived in her basement one summer and we were known for late night singalongs and laughter.  She came to Ghana in 2011 and that is where we really bonded, over strange experiences and sleepless nights. She joined me in Australia the next year for the adventure of a lifetime for my 30th birthday.  I just love her and the way that she keeps me involved in her life, the way she offers her support and encouragement, and the way that she loves all of us here in Ghana.  Miss this face!

My Gina--and her girl Elizabeth--I just love Gina!!  She was part of my Bible study group when I moved to the Bay and took over her room after she got married.  She is amazing.  She is smart.  She is a wonderful mama and wife.  And she is a dear, dear friend.  Gina, I love you!

Oh, this picture brings back the memories!  These were my roommates at the Ivy house when I moved there in 2008.  I love my Jilly Bean, my Jenni, and my Kirsten.  It's hard to believe how much life has changed and where God has brought us now.  But, as I've already talked about Jenni, I wanted to share about my Jilly and Kirsten.
Jilly is one of the wisest people I know and she knows how to listen.  She offers the wisest advice, loves absolutely beautifully, and I have loved getting to be loved on by her and her beautiful family.  It feels like an honor to know and be known by her.
And Kirsten, we partnered together over the summer ministry project in 2005 and 2006 and that difficult last summer bonded us forever.  This girl is a master--she is super creative, brilliant, and inspires so much creativity in me.  I love just jamming with her, our times of talking through young adult fiction, and the hours we spent in scrapbooking mode. 
Life has changed for all of us, but my love for you never will!

This picture was taken before I left for Ghana in 2010.  Tony has been my pastor, cheerleader, and has been witness to so many seasons of my life.  I have loved having the invitation to be known by his family, encouraged by his wife Wendy, grown under his leadership and wisdom, and blessed by his friendship. He is creative, grace-filled, and such an amazing teacher. His heart for prayer and issues of justice grew my heart for the same things. In so many ways, he is part of why I am here in Ghana.

And this picture is all for fun and laughs!  I mean, check us out!  That was...lets see...2001 or 2002??  Man, so many years ago.  And so many friendships in this picture.  But that girl right next to me, Jessica, she is a rockstar.  This girl has supported and encouraged me in so many ways and I am blessed by her friendship.  She is talented, beautiful, honest, and funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment