Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, August 1, 2014

"Summer" in Ghana

One of my favorite things about the August school break:


Usually once a week, we do s'mores (if we have the supplies), and then we gather around the fire, sing a few songs, and listen to a little message that God has laid on the heart of one of our staffer's. 

It reminds me of my childhood and summers at Camp Christian.  It reminds me of community and the sweet times of communion that came around camp bonfire time.  It reminds me of God's sweet grace that seems to just come on that much stronger at night. 

I love to watch the littles curled up on the laps of the bigs, as we all listen and dig in and relish God's love that seems to just flow over us from the fingers of fire we are gathered around.

We go home a little later those nights.  We all smell like smoke.  We are all a little sticky-fingered.  But, it is in those moments that I see God's love for children...and that's what they all are...children, given the chance to be children, and loved on purely and wholly. 

I love our little "summer"'s here.  So sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment