Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Preparing for the Move

So many changes are coming in the next month. Yesterday, our apartment building and the new boy's house,  now lovingly called "Legacy Boy's Home", got electricity. Each little step towards the move brings equal parts excitement and anxiety. Change has never been easy for me. I fight it every step of the way, even the good changes. 

I think change scares me the most when I fear it will change relationship. I feel myself withdraw, disengage, try to distance myself. It is a painful process.

Each time I go to the States, the constant state of hellos and goodbyes are just like this...this painful dance back and forth. Engage...distance...be present, but not so present that it will be too hard to leave.

The changes happening in the next month or so are so good. They will be big and bright and beautiful changes.  But, they will bring their share of challenges. 

Our boys will be moving into their new home, the olders moving to the top story, getting the space that teens inevitably need. The youngers fitting in downstairs with new houseparents. 

Our 7 Continents program will be moving out to the Children's Village and moving into the Redeemed House. 5 ladies and their children, a whole mess of babies...it will bring all kinds of new out here.

And our apartments will be completed which means Nosa and Lydia will be moving to their own apartment, I will be moving to mine, staff girls will be moving into one, and our missionaries are moving into one. New missionary teachers will be moving on campus by the end of the month. Stanley's lovely Brittany will be coming to Ghana for the next few months. National service students will be coming in to teach and will be living on campus.

So many changes.

But, even with the anxiety that inevitably comes, I am ready. I am excited. It's time.

So, as today is the day I am working on scraping my walls, filling in cracks, and painting my apartment, here are my "before" pics:
The missionary apartments

Outside my apartment

My kitchen

The living room

Guest room

Master bedroom

Master bath

Guest bath

Change...here we come











No comments:

Post a Comment