Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Interrupted, Post 7

I don't have many words today. I feel "worded out". I am tired. My brain never shuts off these days as we prepare for so many new things in the season ahead of us. I go to sleep late and wake up early. I just can't shut it off.

I read Jen's chapter entitled "New" today. I hate new places. They require change...and as previous blog posts have discussed, I am not a fan of the "c" word. So, I understand her anxiety and wondering. Totally get that.

But, this...this was what I needed today:

"Ultimately, it is not nation or race, church or citizenship that gives people value. It is not sinlessness or innocence that makes us precious. It is not that Jesus looks on us as helpless or powerful, poor or rich, weak or strong. We are loved because we are living images of God, made in His likeness and created for the heights of His glory and the depths of communion. Our very God took on our form for the love of humanity, privilege or poverty aside. In contrast to God's perfection, we are all the least, each and every one, identified entirely with a Savior who loves us recklessly."

And that's all. His love. I needed reminding today. It isn't about what I do. It never has been. Even in the midst of my lowest place, I can have full confidence in this:

I am the Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment