Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, June 3, 2013

Anxiety Defeated!

I have never been an anxious person.  In fact, I have been a person that seeks after peace my whole life.  But, this season of my life, I have struggled with anxiety.  It takes over my every thought.  It invades every healthy part of my thinking process until only the negative remains.  It overwhelms me.  Drowns me in panic.  It is completely frustrating and overwhelming.

I try to recognize the times when the anxiety is effecting me and ward it off with words of truth.  But, sometimes it holds me captive.  It binds me up, refusing to release me to normal thinking.

I was there today.  Stuck in my office.  Incapacitated with lies.  Anxiety robbing me of the joy of a typical rainy school day.

But, God saw that.  He saw me sitting...close to tears at any human interaction...and He offered me truth.

Today's Jesus Calling by Sarah Young reads,

"I want to be CENTRAL in your entire being.  When your focus is firmly on Me, My Peace displaces fears and worries.  They will encircle you, seeking entrance, so you must stay alert.  Let trust and thankfulness stand guard, turning back fear before it can gain a foothold.  There is no fear in My Love, which shines on you continually.  Sit quietly in My Love-Light, while I bless you with radiant Peace.  Turn your whole being to trusting and loving Me."

And Graham Cooke posted on Facebook today:

"When someone is entertaining a negative the effects of that negative are anxiety, worry and fear. When you are entertaining the positive of who God is peace comes and guards your heart and your mind against negative emotions and you feel the joy of the Lord. You feel the love of God. You feel the goodness of God in your life as a tangible thing."

Thank you God for knowing exactly what I needed to hear today, for defeating my anxiety with your truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment