Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, June 10, 2013

Rainy Season and the 3 M's

I love rainy season here in Ghana.

The air is cooler.

It can actually be quite cold at night. (I actually had to fold my sheet for a little more covering last night and snuggled underneath pulling it up under my nose like I do in the winter at Colorado--minus the blanket.)

But with the rain comes the three M's.

Mud.  Mosquitos.  and Malaria.

Seems like everyone has been getting sick these days.  Several of the kids down with it.  Quite a few of the staff down.  And Emily was hit pretty hard this past week too (feeling back to normal now).

Pray for us here.  While I love this season, the malaria is no fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment