Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, May 6, 2013

Break


Break is always an interesting time for me.  I have so many plans…only so much gets done.

 I remember this break last year.  I had a hundred plans.  Things I wanted to get accomplished before the next term was underway.  I wanted to get up early and work out in the mornings.  I wanted to spend more time with the kids doing different projects.  I had all kinds of things to get done for the school.  I spent the majority of my time sleeping, watching movies, reading books…frustrated that I didn’t get more done, but just so TIRED!

 This break has been a little bit more productive, though I have had my days where I just could not motivate myself enough to get anything done.  I have spent some time with the kids, like I wanted to.  I have gotten a few projects done that needed to get finished, like a yearbook that I procrastinated working on until the DAY it needed to be completed.  I have gotten to hang out with Stacy and Kathy and Emily like I would with anyone back home, unconcerned about the worries of the ministry and just being fully me.  I have watched some movies and TV shows and read books that I have wanted to get to for awhile.  It’s been good.

 This week starts my prep for getting ready to be back in school next week.  And, I suppose, like every school break…I wish I had just a little more time.  I’m not quite ready to be back in session yet, but the time is here, and so I’m getting prepared.

 Goodbye break.  Hello Term 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment