Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, May 10, 2013

Sitting Down

I'm sitting in my living room, the children outside watching Secondhand Lions for movie night.  The boys, especially, love it.  They're laughing so hard, it makes me wonder if one of them has fallen off their seat!  And Dora, our lovely loud-mouth, is heartily screaming when she finds something particularly hilarious.  Let's just say that our kids love, love, love physical comedy.

As I sit down here tonight, I am feeling as though I am in a quiet space tonight.  A quiet soul space. 

Today was incredibly busy.  I had interviews to do, wanted to prepare dinner for the fam tonight, and had a couple of meetings with people passing through.  I barely sat down today, had little time to myself, but tonight, I sit here feeling quiet and at peace.

The crickets chirp out the window, amazingly not overpowered by our kids raucous behavior.  A nice cool breeze is floating in from the window.

As I am sitting here, I just feel at rest.  I feel at peace.

This season of my life has been challenging, more about my lack of emotional control than anything else.  But right now, in this moment, I am perfectly at peace.

I sit in contentment with where I am.  I feel at home in my calling here right now.  And that has been hard for me this year so far.  But, I am trusting God's voice in calling me here for such a time as this. 

And so, I draw to the feet of his throne, allowing his peace...his love...his joy...to reign.

1 comment:

  1. Autumn! This blessed me! This is exactly what He's showing me now... Rest, trust me, I am your joy! Stay blessed sister as you let Him move through you! Erin OBrien <3

    ReplyDelete