Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, May 10, 2013

Fresh Bread

I made bread with Mary Osei today.  I love making bread.  There is just something about the smell of the rising dough, the feel of the dough between my fingers as I knead it down, the delicate crust that is created on the top of the risen loaf, the smell wafting from the oven, the golden brown tops...delicious in every way.  And I love making it with the girls...especially my chatty Mary.

Here is my favorite (and easy) bread recipe!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  And if possible, make it with your favorite little one.  Makes it just that much more tasty!

Ingredients
3 cups warm water
3 tablespoons active dry yeast
3 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons butter or margarine (this is what makes it soft and tasty)
1/2 cup white sugar
8 cups bread flour

Directions
1. In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, salt, butter, sugar, and 4 cups flour.  Mix thoroughly, and let sponge rise until doubled in size.

2. Gradually add about 4 cups flour, kneading until smooth.  Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn several times to coat.  Cover with a damp cloth.  Allow to rise until doubled.

3. Punch down the dough, let it rest a few minutes.  Divide dough into equal parts.  Shape into loaves (or rolls as I like to do), and place into greased bread pans.  Let rise until almost doubled.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes.  The loaves may need to be covered with foil for the last few minutes with foil to prevent excess browning.

Eat up!

Thanks allrecipes.com for this delicious one!

No comments:

Post a Comment