Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

When the War isn't Won by Me

So, several weeks back, as some of you might remember, I was hospitalized overnight for dehydration due to a nasty stomach bug.

And then, Saturday, had a gallbladder attack that really got the best of me.

And yesterday night, after spending time talking with one of my besties via Skype (have I mentioned how much I love having wireless internet access?), I came down with a crazy fever and headache and body aches that were a bit reminiscent of malaria. It took me hours to fall asleep (and many tears).

Today, I was just exhausted. 

But, as I reflect on this and on other issues and miscommunications happening here at CORM these past few days, I am realizing that we are in the midst of an all-out war. The enemy snuck up behind me and his main goal is to cut down, divide, and destroy.

We have seen God move powerfully here at CORM these past six months. God has stirred up some new things and it's been beautiful to watch and be a part of. 

But when God starts to work in powerful ways, you'd better be on the defense, prepared for what might come your way.

I feel like we are there right now.

I feel like I am there right now.

And I feel tired and a bit broken and I need some strong soldiers to rush the throne room of our Father on our behalf.

So, if you are willing to step into the battle at hand, I would love for you to be praying for us here. Here are some ways you can be praying:

*Health for me and for our kids and staff

*Protection against the lies of the enemy (gossip, miscommunications, etc)

*That those Satan is using to divide, God would move them from the way

*That the Holy Spirit would continue to move and minister and speak truth and that we would have hearts and ears and eyes to feel and hear and see that movement

*Clear ways to give expectations to our staff, volunteers, and interns

*That God would refresh in the places where we are weary, tired, and worn down

Grateful to all of you willing to step into this with us! This battle will only be won at the foot of our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment