Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, July 4, 2014

Celebrating Freedom

 I saw this on our CORM facebook page today:
And I revel in the truth of Mr. Mandela's statement. 
 
Tonight is the 4th of July and for years and years, I celebrated with fireworks and red, white, and blue and burgers on the grill and so much fresh fruit, fruit that we cannot even find here in Ghana. 
 
Tonight, I celebrate the 4th of July with all of our kids as we have our usual Friday night movie night (They are watching Mighty Ducks--They are all chanting "quack, quack, quack" even now as I write this).  Watching with them, I recognize that they live in so much freedom that previously was not granted to them.  What a joy to hear their voices over the booming colors that fill the skies in so many places across the US tonight.  And I wouldn't trade this for my years of burgers and strawberries and fireworks (though I do long for those experiences every now and then).
 
Tonight I am celebrating freedom with those who are truly freed.

No comments:

Post a Comment