Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, July 11, 2014

Down, but never Out!

Wow! This week, I was really knocked down. I was not joking when I asked for prayer. I needed it. We needed it. Still continue to need it!

As I wrote earlier this week, I had a gallbladder attack on Saturday night which left me in pain for several days. And then, Tuesday night, I started to feel achy and my head began to hurt, leaving me to wonder if I had a bout of malaria coming on.

And sure enough, in the middle of our staff meeting on Wednesday, I began to shiver, the fever taking hold. And I was knocked out for the rest of Wednesday, all of Thursday, finally emerging from my cave of a room this morning with just a small lingering headache.

I was seriously so frustrated after being sick for so many days. I felt like all I wanted to do was get comfortable enough to do something, but my body disagreed with everything I wanted to do. I wanted to stand up, but my headache threw my equilibrium out of balance making me feel too dizzy to stand. I wanted to find a comfortable place to lay down, but my back would hurt or my legs would hurt or my hips would hurt, it just completely uncomfortable to lay down. I wanted to sleep it off, but my "sick sleep" was filled with repetitive dreams that left me waking up more tired than before I tried to sleep.

Today, I woke up with only a slight headache, but felt more normal than I have felt in almost a week. And I was so thankful.

Thankful to pray with our CORM staff this morning. 

Thankful to have good and needed conversations with John and Stacy and Stanley at our Directors meeting. 

Thankful to talk and brainstorm and laugh with our principal. 

Thankful to have been able to carry around a very happy and smiley baby Mercy after school. I mean, how can this face NOT make you happy?


Thankful for a little time with Janet and Tami, whom I pretty much missed out on any quality time with them with all this craziness (and they leave tomorrow...ahhhh).

Thankful for time to hug and laugh and chat with kids who I have felt forever distanced from this week.

Thankful to be healthy. And me again.

So, thank you for praying. And continue. I feel like this took a week away for me. A few weeks ago, I lost almost a week to my hospital stay. And we have more people sick over here, kids and staff alike. Pray! 

I may have written this before, but Stacy said a few months ago that God spoke to her that what He has done so big and beautifully and quickly here at the CORM in the natural, He is about to do the same in the supernatural. And when God is working supernaturally in all things big and beautiful and quick, expect the enemy to defend his territory.

So, we are calling out for the faithful followers of Christ to rise up and pray.

We already stand in victory. We know this full well. But the battles will wage, and their individual victories depend on the warriors fighting at the foot of our Great King.

The enemy may have tried to take me down, but I am not out of this fight. I rest in this truth:

More Than Conquerors

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?  Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.  Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]

 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Romans 8:31-39, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment