Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mountains and Tupperware

I made it home yesterday.  A long flight...a long layover...another long flight...and a long drive home.  But, I am here.  And it is so good to be home.

I woke up to laughter upstairs and mom and dad and Andrea and Markam all chatted together. 

I looked out the bathroom window as I got ready for the day, admiring the snowy view. 

And right now, sit at our kitchen counter seeing the snow on the mountains just beyond our backyard.  The weather is below freezing and warm coats are a must.

I sit here at our kitchen counter and am reminded of life before I "grew up".  Drinking from an orange 1980's era tupperware cup, the same one I drank from as a child.  The familiar spider plants.  The woodstove pouring out hot air.  The smell of the woodsmoke.  The Christmas tree and the lights.  It's all quite lovely.

Makes me nostalgic for things of the past...

Times are different now.  But, just as sweet.

I'm looking forward to time with these memories, and making new ones, these upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment