Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Portia and Paul





Today, I wanted to talk about two of our greats here at City of Refuge (and they are all great, so this is just a commentary of two of our kids here!).






Paul is 12, but he's almost 13 and man, has he grown this year. When we moved to Doryum, he was this chubby boy, and now his voice has deepened, his body has thinned out, and he's grown quite tall. What time and adolescence will do to a boy! Paul is doing a great job in school this year, learning a lot and really showing promise as a student of math and science! He is a great big brother too (though sometimes he's just a normal big brother and picks on Miracle). He helps out with Justice, makes sure Caleb and JJ get out their clothes in the morning, and he works well with all the other kids too. He is awesome to get to know and goof around with and everyone who knows him well will see what a joy he is!






Portia is my little firecracker. She are Caleb are best friends and worst enemies and they play off of each other in the best and worst possible ways! Portia is a ball of energy and can get into trouble in no time flat. She can also make you laugh in no time flat. When Katie was here, her favorite thing was bursting into my room each morning at 6:30 in the morning to jump into bed with Katie while I was out getting water for our bucket baths. One of my scariest moments with her bursting into my room was when she came in while I was taking my bath. I told her to go out and she said "NO!". Well, what can I do...I'm taking a bath! So, I told her to go out and she said, "No, I want to come and see you." Then, she proceeded to try to open the bathroom door. I think I screamed loud enough that she knew trouble would be coming if that door budged an inch (anyone who knows me knows that I'm not into nakedness!). All in all, Portia is adorable. Anyone who meets her, falls in love with her and you can't help but realize why...she's pretty amazing!






So, that's my update for today. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment