Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bella

I am loving time at the Robert's house this week so far. We were expecting Carmageddon on Sunday hearing that the 405 was shut down, so I took a shuttle from LAX to Yona's house. I was greeted by a happy little Robert's family at the door.

Oh man, Isabella is so cute! I just love her little grin. She still has issues with her stomach at times and that can be really frustrating for mom and dad, but she is at this pretty great age where she's pretty happy most of the time.

Sunday, Jake, Jenni (who was in town for the weekend), and the Whelpleys came over for lunch. It was fun to see everyone and such a great time to just hang out with some of my besties. After the Whelpley's left, Jake got out his camera and we did a mini-photoshoot of Isabella. That little squirmy worm was hard to capture on film, but you can check out some of them here:
http://www.facebook.com/yona.roberts/posts/10150232339907109?ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/media/set/?set=a.10150157625050666.289195.603030665&type=1

Monday, Yona and I took little Isabella to the park and enjoyed a little train ride and a little time at the zoo. It was a fun afternoon and Isabella especially loved the train ride, while Yona especially loved the black bears. In the evening, Eric's sisters came and joined us for dinner.

Today, I got up early for breakfast with Priscilla Schubert (which was so fun) and came back to a little Rango (which I think was a little adult in it's humor, but the artistry was simply amazing!). In the afternoon, we went to lunch at Don Jose's (an Autumn favorite) and then to Micheal's to pick up a few things for 7 Continents. This evening, we went to the Matheny's house for Kat and Isaiah's meet and greet. That was fun and it was good to see some of the peeps from SoCal that I don't get to see very often.

It's been a joy so far to be here and I'm loving every minute of my time here. Now, off to bed. I think the jetlag is still hitting me pretty hard, so I gotta get to sleep when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment