Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, July 4, 2011

Two Weeks

In two weeks, I'll be heading home. I can't believe that it will be a full year since I've come here and that I'll be coming back again. I can't imagine just leaving this place after one year and saying that my job is done. The work here is HUGE (and can I say that the workers are not many?)!

I have quite a bit of work to do before I take off. By the time I return, at least this is our prayer, we'll be moved into the new house at the land, so I need to have my room packed up as well. I also have to get the school packed up as we'll be moving out of the building by the end of next week (Wow, this year went fast!). I have twice-weekly meetings with our new school administrator, so I will have to make sure that he has enough to do while I am gone to see that the school is well set for when I return. And I have my own packing to do for my trip home. I want to bring some things back to sell (which means, I'm working on a lot of different jewelery designs and we're working with the ladies of 7 Continents to produce better quality products). I could keep the list going and going and going...but I won't. Pretty much, it comes down to the fact that these next two weeks are going to be busy!

I'm excited about the chance to go home though. I can't wait for my beatnik week away--to see my little baby girls growing up so fast (Brylie and Isabella) and to see the Whelps and Joanna who I haven't seen in an ENTIRE YEAR. I'm so excited to see friends in SoCal that I haven't seen in awhile and to catch up with what is going on in their lives. I'm excited to hang with my NorCal friends and to get some one on one time with some of my closies. And I'm looking forward to time at home with my family before returning here. I'm excited about telling people about the work that is happening here and the things that we are seeing God do.

And...honestly...I'm excited for the rest! I'm just weary...this year has been amazingly good...but it's also been amazingly busy and I'm looking forward to a small season of REST.

But, until then, it's back to work! Let's see how much I can actually get done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment