Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kindle Distractions

So, I got a new toy. This year, I had a great tax refund and used a little part of it to buy a Kindle. My mom brought it with her when she came to visit, and it has sat unused in my room for the vast majority of the time since I received it.

Last week, at JJ's birthday party at the mall, I took a few minutes out to work on my kindle with the wireless internet there. Now, that my Kindle is registered, my books are all downloaded and I'm ready to read.

It's been a fun new distraction...and I really mean distraction. I have a million and one things to do before I head out this next week and yet, most afternoons, you will find me reading Pride and Prejudice instead of writing tests and working on paperwork for the school.

I suppose that it is a little bit of an escape for me from the craziness of life here, but I think I'm going to have to hide it from myself to finish up what I need to get done to be ready to get out of here by next weekend.

So, thank you IRS for the Kindle and the welcome relief that it brings. Now, I must set it all aside to get ready to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment