Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sometimes...

Sometimes, I wish I could be home. This week has been an especially difficult week for me to be away from home. I was sick and it's never easy to be sick here. And friends of mine found out they are sick. All I want to do is be there so I can hug them and walk alongside them. It's just not that easy being so far away.

But, I can trust that my prayers can carry them as well. So, I'm going to do that...just have faith on their behalf.

Sometimes, I wish I could be home. I saw pictures this week of Miss Brylie Kay's 1st birthday and I wish that I could have been there to celebrate and see how my little girl is growing up. It's weird to only get these every 6 months snapshots of time with her. She grows to fast in between my time with her. Wasn't it just yesterday I had my "baby bag" packed by the door so that I could head to the Koldings at any time of day or night. And then, it was time and I was on my way to Stockton and then Brylie was here. And then, I saw pictures of Isabella and video of her beginning to crawl around. She just can't be that old! And a tooth? How can time pass so quickly?

And sometimes, I know that there is no other place to be...but here. And seeing the delight when guests arrive (our first group from Finding Refuge arrived yesterday) at all that has happened and changed for City of Refuge in the past year...well, it's been amazing! And even though my life is completely different than how I lived in the States, it's where I'm supposed to be for this time.

So, while I'm longing to be home, I also know that my home is here as well. And anywhere I go, I'd be missing someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment