Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Coming Soon to a City Near You!

Well, really, in a city near me...MY MOM, SISTER, and BROTHER are heading over in just a few days! I got to talk to my mom today and she said that they are leaving tomorrow for Denver and their flight is on Tuesday.

Just about a month ago, my mom called worried that they wouldn't have any donations to bring with them. Today, when we talked, she had enough to pack one more box, but didn't have the money to spend to bring the extra box with her. Wow! God is so faithful! I can't believe that she is going to be bringing SIX boxes full of supplies, goodies, and little blessings for our ministry here. I'm just so excited!

Wednesday, their flight comes in at 1:30 in the afternoon. We are going to pick them up, but also have other guests coming in later that evening as well, so we'll have to figure something out for transportation. Oh, how I wish the van were fixed! It would be so helpful right about now! Anyway, a private school in Accra is offering us some used supplemental curriculum and I'll be going Wednesday to pick that up as well. We'll have all kinds of boxes coming back with us to City of Refuge that day. Exciting stuff!

Can't wait to see the fam and have them experience my life here in Ghana. I am pretty sure I'll be all smiles for the next two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment