Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, July 5, 2013

Emily

This girl is so cool...

Yesterday, she sat down with me and said, "We didn't have our one-on-one this week.  Let's chat!" 

This girl...who used to run away from emotional and spiritual intimacy...she's running to it.  She sees God working in her life, and she is hungry for it. 

And it was with sweet joy that I watched as tears filled her eyes and she exclaimed that she was struggling with the thought of leaving this place.  Struggling because God has done some softening and she doesn't want it to go back to how it was.

Doesn't want to leave Amenyo's hugs.

And Malvin's kisses.

And the wisdom of the kids in morning devotions.

And I saw her heart...engaged.

I love it.  When God works like this...I just love it.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of our little Em!! :) I feel like a proud big sister or something. I guess you get to be mom? Or bigger sister.

    ReplyDelete