Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Another School Year Finished

Another school year is finished. It's been a tough one this year. So many ups and downs. Teachers leaving. Staff drama. Very little help at the beginning of the school year. Needless to say, I was pretty burned out when it came time for me to go home last Christmas.

But, here we sit in July. The year is completed and as I reflect, I see so much growth. The students learned. The teachers were discipled. And little bit, by little bit, change is happening. And it's exciting to witness. Exciting to be a part of.

And as I reflect, I also look forward. To the new changes. The new developments. The new ways of learning and healing and growing that will take place. ESL programs, stronger leadership, a firmer base in our KG classes. I am excited for the mentoring, the chance to get back in a classroom, the discipleship opportunities. I am excited to see more of the Kingdom of God here at Faith Roots.

But for now, I am satisfied to enjoy a week-long break with my family and my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment