Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The View out My Window

Everyday, I get woken up by this crazy rooster.  Actually, there's a whole gang of them.

They started out so small, and fuzzy, and cute.  Now, they just ruffle their feathers and crow.  Anytime.  Day or night.  Often.  And loudly.

We keep discussing ways to kill them off. 

But, I wake up anyway.  To the beauty of Ghana.

It's changing seasons here.  It's been incredibly hot and dry and sweaty.

But, the rainy season is coming.

And with it...the green grasses.  The muddy roads.  The birds and animals.

It feels alive and beautiful!

I love the rainy season because the air cools down and even though the rain causes so many problems, it also is this beautiful thing.  It's a release.  Like the sky is heaving a sigh of relief.

And the view out my window begins to change.

I have a new view now, since I've just moved.  My last view, when I lived at the Omorefe house, was a gorgeous one.  My room was at the back of the property and there was nothing obstructing the view of the mountains, the hills, the green fields, the farms.  Now, my view captures our newly constructed playground, the mountains of Larteh, the streets of our little village.  And I have to say, that I'm liking it. 

Just the other day, I peered out my window to see Florence chanting on the playground with Justice and Edwin: God is my best friend.  Jesus is my best friend.  God is my best friend.  Jesus is my best friend.  You get the picture.  Precious!

And another day, about half of our children were gathered underneath our summer hut, chatting and laughing (a little shouting and fighting thrown in for good measure). 

Just like the rain brings life back the ground.  This view out my window is life.  It is a treasure to get to be a witness to the lives of these children...free and whole. 

Yep, I love this view!  Roosters and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment