Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It's been awhile

It's been quite some time since I last posted.  Life has been incredibly busy.  Teaching English at school as one teacher recently quit.  The ending of the term.  Preparation for John and Stacy to return to the States.  Moving to a new room.  Preparation for volunteers to come through (in droves, it feels like!).  Preparation for Lydia and Nosa's wedding.  It has just been an incredibly busy season!

So, a brief update...

School has been incredibly busy as it neared the end of the term.  It always is a stressful time, but without a teacher in Primary 5, it was a little bit more consuming of my time.  Kathy was a sweet blessing and took the class the last two weeks of the term, even though it isn't her favorite thing to do in our school (I appreciate her flexibility!!).  But, the term ended well and break is now underway.  We have three weeks off of school, though I have a feeling that there might be less break in there than some of our kids will probably get to experience.  Already, I feel the busyness of the summer months arriving on my doorstep!

John and Stacy are leaving in just a little over a week with their three youngest kids for a trip back to the States.  They will be there for Ghana Rock, time with our dear, dear friends at FTO, taking trips to Chicago and Michigan to visit friends (and family).  It will be a busy trip for them!  It will be incredibly busy on this side as well.  We have a lot of volunteers coming through in the coming weeks, and this break will serve as a little time to prepare for their arrival.  The Agler family is also moving to Ghana and they will be arriving at the end of the month.  They are moving here full-time, so there will be a definite transition period for them as they figure out what their ministry will look like here on the ground.

And then, there is the grand occasion of Lydia and Nosa's wedding.  It's this weekend and we have all been excited for the big event.  I'm singing in the wedding, but I think Nosa and Lydia are the ones who are nervous about the whole occasion.  Weddings are just stressful!  In any case, they are moving into my old room, which meant that I moved over the guest house.  It has been an interesting transition for me.  I have longed for a little place of quiet so that I could find myself refreshed, but I am also longing for deep relationship.  I'm finding it hard to figure out how to balance myself well.  To get the time to relax, but also to make the much-needed time to spend with the Omorefe family, especially since I have formed such a strong friendship with Stacy and John over the years.  In the end, it was a bit of a bittersweet move for me.  Yes, it is quieter and little more removed from the hustle and bustle of the kid's in and outs, but there are these moments when change just frightens me.

The next couple of months, I have a feeling, will be extremely busy for me, so I am hoping to get on here to do a few updates every now and then.  They have been few and far between since returning for the States.

Life...

No comments:

Post a Comment