Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Anxious

This week, I had a whole bunch of anxiety.  Something was going on at home and I was just praying for God's perfect peace and God's perfect plan to be made apparent. 

Everything worked out ok and I thanked God for his Sovereignty in the whole situation.  He is so good.

But, the anxiety didn't seem to leave me today.  In fact, it seemed to overwhelm me as though I had saved it all up and let it loose today. 

I realized today, as I hadn't really recognized before, that I am far from home.  If anything were to happen to my family, my friends, to me...
I'm really far away.

That overwhelmed me today.

The distance.

Sometimes...most times...the distance doesn't bother me. 

But lately, it has taken its toll.  It brings tears that can't seem to console the ache inside.

Sometimes, you just need a hug from your mom.  Sometimes, you need the hand of a friend.  Sometimes, you need the laughter of a close one.

And today, I'm feeling that distance.  Wishing I could cross it with one leap.  Wishing for that hug.  That hand.  That laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment