Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

This email made me feel so much better!!!

So, I started feeling a bit better today! The cellulitis, or boil, or whatever this thing is, has gone down a bit and while the pain is still there, the fever, headache, and exhaustion were gone today. Thank the Lord!

And when I came home from school today to check my email, I found an email from a boy that I met when I went to Kenya in 2004. That trip absolutely changed my life. I spent two weeks up in Northern Kenya with the Masaai and two weeks in Kibera, one of the largest slums in the world, right outside of Nairobi. I LOVED my time in Kibera because I got to spend loads of time playing with kids and really saw the power of prayer at work in the lives of people around us. It was a powerful time.

One of the kids that I met in Kibera was a teenager named Vincent. He had dreams of going to University and when I left, we kept up occasional communication via internet. Today, I got some great news from him. This is what he wrote:

Hi Autumn,
How are you doing? I hope that you are well and that the Lord has kept you safely. It has been a very long time since we communicated but I believe that the Almighty has been your protector.

Tell me how you are fairing on with life. Are you still in Ghana? Do you have any plans of coming to kenya? Please let me know and I will be more than happy to hear from you.

Here in Kibera Kenya, the Lord has been more than faithful to to me and the Kibera family. Can you believe that I graduated from KENYATTA UNIVERSITY last Friday on 9th December? I tell you the Lord is just wonderful as He enabled me to score a SECOND CLASS HONORS (UPPER DIVISION) despite my poor background from Kibera slums! This reminds me of a this question that is recorded in the Bile: ¨Can anything good come out of Nazareth?¨ I am now a certified high school teacher and I want to go back to Kibera and help others like me overcome the slum challenges by being firmly rooted in God´s word as He is the author and finisher of our faith.

Autumn, I want to sincerely pass my gratitude in a special way to you for the words of encouragement that you gave to us when you were here in kenya. You told us that all is possible only if we put God First and surely Autumn, I can testify that it actually works to put God first.

Secondly, I would like to thank you very much for donating a laptop to me two years ago. This machine has gone a long way in making my journey at the university a success as it has helped me to type and submit my assignments in time. Thank you so much sister for your Christ-like heart of giving without looking back or sparing just like God who did not spare even His only begotten son for us to get salvation.

Autumn, I will be more than happy if you can spare just a minute to thank God for my successful completion of a Bachelor of Education degree at the campus because it has not been a walk in the park, you have been to Kibera and you know the hardships that people undergo there, hence it is not easy to emanate from such a background and successfully graduate at the campus!!

Lastly, may you pass my greetings to your family and the mission team that you were with and tell them that the Lord has been and He still will be faithful in all their undertakings.

May the almighty bless you abundantly as you continue serving him. I hope to hear from you soon.

Be blessed

In His service,
Vincent.


I'm amazed! And excited! And in awe of God's work in Vincent's life. If you think about him, would you pray for him today! And pray for more awesome stories like this to come out of our little school here in Doryumu. God is at work...all around the world. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing testimony of God's faithfulness! So glad that laptop was such a blessing...wouldn't it be great to get him an updated one :) LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO endearing, encouraging, and inspiring Autumn! I love how God speaks to our hearts. XO

    ReplyDelete