Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Made it!

I made it to Atlanta. I had another crazy lateness scare on my way to the airport. The original taxi driver that we had called the day before to come and pick me up, never showed up. Never answered his phone. Just never showed up!!! Issues! So, we had to call another driver who was in another local village and it took him awhile to get to me.
In any case, I'm supposed to be at the airport 3 hours prior, but I made it pretty much two hours prior, but I still made it! I had to wait in traffic on the way to the airport, and when I finally got there, I got in the WRONG line (the one going to Italy...while that would be nice, I think I'd be a little overwhelmed showing up in Italy instead of Atlanta...little bit of a difference!). When I finally figured it out, they were just shutting down the check-in process, so I made it just in time. And surprisingly, I made it through immigration and security with very wait time, so I made it through with a little time to spare.
While I waited to board the airplane, I got to see one of our friends in Ghana, Chanda. Her and her husband work in a similar ministry in a village called Keta. She was heading home for the holidays and so it was good to chat and catch up with her a little bit. We didn't get long, but it was fun!
The flight was pretty smooth going. I didn't get a ton of sleep, but really, who does get that much sleep on those flights? And when I got into Atlanta, it was almost tear-jerking to hear Christmas music and to realize that in just a couple of hours, I would be home! (Well, more than a couple as I still have the long drive over the mountains....but close enough). And anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Christmas...the decorations, the lights, the music...I start really early getting "in the spirit". It's hard to do in Ghana while it's still hot and Christmas music doesn't play on any stations. But, coming in to some Bing Crosby...so sweet!
Heading out now...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Home!!!! I know you are going to enjoy every second, I just hope you take some time to recharge your batteries! I'm happy that you and your family get to be together for Christmas! I know how special it is and what it means! I just have to say your mom made my day yesterday! Seeing the glow of happiness that exuded from the core of her being when she was talking about you made my heart smile. (still does) :0)
    Have a very Merry and blessed Christmas! Valerie

    ReplyDelete