Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, December 23, 2011

Snowy Day

Yesterday was so fun! I woke up and it was snowing. I love it when it snows. The way it comes down softly and covers everything with this white beauty. The only problem is that when it snows, it means that it's difficult to get anywhere...and you know that both of my parents were busy all day running kids here and there...didn't matter that it was so snowy!

In any case, I made breakfast for everyone yesterday morning (breakfast burritos...yummm!), then Bri and I decided to make a gingerbread house. So, we got out all the ingredients and cooked up a pretty yummy looking gingerbread house!

Only problem came when we started putting together the house with our awesomely sticky frosting. One of our roof pieces came out extremely warped and didn't match the back wall, but we just moved that part to the back of the house.

After that, we had to wait for awhile for mom to arrive back home with candy, so we started beading a little bit and I started prepping our dinner (I was working on making jallof for the fam).

When mom got home, we popped in "White Christmas" and Bri and I went to work decorating the gingerbread house. We made snowmen out of marshmallows, gates out of laffy taffy, and so much more! It turned out so cute! With a white chocolate christmas tree and snow out of coconut, the house turned out perfectly!
And the day was perfect too! Such a fun day with Bri!

No comments:

Post a Comment