Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Putting it All Together

Now is kind of my "Go" time...I have interviews everyday after school this week. Every evening, I've been working on getting stuff done for next year. I spent last night working until 10 pm on class schedules. That scheduling stuff is kind of challenging! Especially when you need to fit in things like PE and Chapel at odd times of the day (early in the morning when it's nice and cool). But, I think I worked it all out. Now, it's just a matter of getting it down in my computer and putting together a Master Calendar. Tricky, tricky! Now, I know why people buy software to do this stuff. It's a lot of work.

I'm excited though because we're going to be hiring an office administrator who will be starting very soon (perhaps next week) and then I can hand over some of this stuff to them. That will be very helpful!

I've been very blessed lately too because I have such generous friends. This week, I asked on Facebook for a couple of different donations--some teacher training books and some Bible Study materials for our teachers next year--and it was all donated in one day! Such a blessing! Israel, Meghan, Lindsey, Sheryl, Joanna, and Yona all pitched in to make it happen. And then, Nikki, a friend from back at PCC, has donated copying of all of our teacher's handbooks. Such a gift! I'm just continually blown away by the willingness of people to give!

So, hopefully, by this time next week, we'll have an administrator working for us, our school staffed with teachers, and quite a bit of this admin work finished!

Here's hoping I can continue to be as productive as I was yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment