Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Friday

This week has been such a busy week and I'm so glad that it's Friday. Fridays are wonderful days as they are early release days, we all get to leave around 2 instead of 3, and we have PE, which is something different and the kids all enjoy it!

Today might be different though as it rained like crazy last night. Even this morning it was still sprinkling a bit. I'm thankful that the power stayed on through the storm though. It's so difficult to sleep without a fan going!

I have one more interview today and two on Monday and then we'll be one step closer to starting up our school! Very exciting! We need a few more teachers, so I'm still trying to recruit some more help for the school in that way. But, for this week, we have had a great response to our plea for help!

Gotta go get ready for school. Maybe we'll be making a little bit of jewelery tonight to send back home with our volunteer, Sam (who happens to live in Oakland and can get it to Bristol in a heartbeat). Jewelery making always calms me down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment