Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Learning the Balance

It feels like I'm always learning to balance things there. There are a million and one things that constantly need doing. There are children who need attention, beads to work with for 7 Continents, and ideas to brew upon, and things that I need to learn how to cook. There are things to do for school, preparations that need to be done, children to put to bed, and visitors to meet with. Endless possiblities of things that need to be done!

I'm definitely learning that there has to be a balance here or exhaustion sets in! I am feeling really worn out these days. Even though my family is gone, I still haven't been able to have Edwin come back into my room quite yet as it's still a mess and I just can't get my act together enough to clean it. Besides that, I just don't know yet if I can handle middle of the night wake up calls. I'm just too tired. I'm hoping that it will get better soon and I'll have a little bit more energy. Until then, I'll just try to reserve what I have for the kids and for the school.

I can't wait until I go home...I'm getting ready! I think a little time away is just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment