Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sick Day

I am not a huge fan of being sick. I don't know who is. A couple of nights ago, Edwin started to get a cold and he was up in the night coughing. Since he was up in the night, that meant that I was up in the night and definitely had a few sneak coughs to the face.

I think that, mixed with a busy schedule and not enough sleep, has led to a cold of my own. Friday, I started to come down with a sore throat and yesterday, a runny nose. But, today, I woke up and got ready for church only to climb out of my dress clothes and return to my bed after being up coughing and blowing my nose most of the night and a slight fever upon waking this morning.

But, the day of rest was good for me. I think that I probably need a day of rest more often! And, I got to talk to my parents for awhile, which was fun. I love getting to hear what is going on at home and knowing how better to pray for them and for my foster family and friends there.

Tonight, we took the new australian girls (they came in Saturday night) to the land. It was getting dark and with the most recent rains, we were unsure of the roads. The school is really coming together! We have 7 classrooms, bathrooms, and the office buildings with walls going up. So exciting!

When we were leaving, it was dark and, wouldn't you know it, the van got bogged down in a muddy place and couldn't get out. We all got out of the van and started gathering sand and brush to lay beneath the back tires. Finally, thanks to Tom's skills collecting trees (yes, he practically pulled down a whole tree), we were able to get out of the mud and back to the house. What an adventure for the girls first full day here!

I'm praying that tomorrow, I'll feel better as the Ride West Africa boys are coming in and we are having a big celebration! Pray for sleep for both Edwin and myself! I think that will be the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment