Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Magic of Song

Yesterday, I did something I don't get the chance to do very often. I went in my room and working on a song that I've kinda put on hold for awhile. Something very different came out of it from the last time I started working on it. It's still not finished, but there are some good things going on with it.

You know, when I first came here, I was told how important having a guitar would be for me. I began to realize how much of an intravert I was almost immediately, needing a little bit of space (and sometimes a lot of space) everyday, was pretty important to my sanity. I have found that spending some time singing with my guitar is just like a magic salve on my soul. Even if it's just a few minutes singing a familiar tune, or hours (like yesterday) working on a new song, all I need is time with my music.

When I lived in the States, any of my roommates could attest to the fact that singing was just like breathing for me. I was always, always, always singing something! And once I bought my car and spent so much time roving around in it, I found that a lot of my time in worship and music was in the car. Here, my time to sing is a little bit more reserved. I think I need to make time for it more often. It felt so refreshing yesterday to get some time with my guitar and journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment