Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, November 22, 2010

Who would have thought lack of sleep meant powerful time with God?

My little Edwin has come to join me in my room on Saturday. That night was our first night and it was a rough one! It made me realize that hard and beautiful work of my friends that have become mothers in the past few months. I've only had just one night of being up with the little guy, and I cannot imagine spending night after night up late with feedings or diaper changes. Moms, you should be greatly appreciated for the huge and hard job that you have ahead of you! I have a new appreciation for the way that you love and nurture your children in the night. It's not easy!

Our power went out midway through the night on Saturday. Edwin got scared and I think he was a little hungry. So, I was up with him for quite a few hours. That left me with little sleep and a little foggy-headed as I headed into my Sunday. Lack of sleep effects me so strangely, usually making me an emotional wreck. It was no different Sunday morning. I kept telling myself to hold it together during the worship service. But, perhaps it was just what I needed. The worship was so powerful and I felt like God really ministered to me and spoke exactly what I needed to hear. That this life. . .it isn't for me. It is a life of total surrender and dependence on God. He leads, I follow. Only he is holy, worthy, and wonderful and my testimony is a witness to a life sacrificed to him.

So, Sunday afternoon, instead of being social with the kids much, I spend the majority of my time napping, prepping for school this week, praying and worshipping. I think that even though I was so tired from the lack of sleep the night before, God knew what I needed to bring me to a place where I could just rest before Him. He's good like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment