Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, November 22, 2010

Meeting Malvin

It's been a long time since I've talked about one of the kiddos here on my blog. Too many other things going on. But, today, I wanted to introduce you to Malvin.

Malvin is a year old. He came to the Freedom Center in February and Mama Theresia and Daddy Joseph took him in as their own son. The funny thing is that he really does resemble Daddy Joseph! I guess that is something that love does--changes people. Love really changed Malvin.

When Malvin first came to the center, he was so malnourished that he was basically all head and no body. Social welfare was assuming that they were dropping him off to die in peace. But, Mama took him in under her wing and within two weeks, he was gaining weight, his hair color had turned into the black hair of a healthy child, and he was beginning to look more like a normal baby.

Now-a-days, it's rare to see Malvin far from Mama Theresia or Daddy Joseph. They really have loved him back to health and they continue to care for him as their own son. Even though he is over a year old, he is just now starting to learn how to crawl and move around. Today I watched his tiny little legs crawl him over to Mama's lap when she came home from the market.

The funny thing about Malvin is that he isn't really fond of obruni's. Where Justice and Edwin come running when I come home, Malvin is usually okay with just a high five. I think the number of times that he has allowed me to hold him without screaming can be counted on one hand. But, he loves when I give high fives or tickle his belly--as long as he is on Daddy Joseph's lap while I'm doing it!

Malvin really is a Daddy's boy. He would sit on Daddy's hip ALL DAY if he could! But, since coming to Doryum, Daddy has been really busy with different building projects and he only spends his evenings with Malvin.

I'm excited for the day when Malvin will take his first steps. This cutie will be hanging with Justice and Edwin before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment