Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, November 8, 2010

A lovely evening

The weather here is cooler in the evening and the nights are beautiful. Last night, after a day where I wasn't feeling quite myself with a headache all day, we went and ate outside.

After dinner, the kids came outside to enjoy the cooler night air and some of the bigger kids put the little ones in all of our little push toys and pushed them around the yard. It was so cute! They little ones were just giggling and giggling when the big ones pushed them around.

Afterwards, we all gathered in the living room. At first, I thought the kids were just going to be begging me for a movie night (they love watching movies with the projector), but they didn't. Instead, we just played together. It was so fun!

After last night, I knew that this move would work out. I think I just needed that little reassurance that it wasn't just going to be crowd control, but it would also be fun and I would have the time to myself that I needed as well.

Today, we spent the day getting the school set up. We got it mostly put together, except for Uncle Mark's class (since he has no furniture yet). The rooms look so cute, much more organized, and I'm looking forward to the new space.

School tomorrow! We'll see how it goes in the new place!

No comments:

Post a Comment